Monday 18 September 2017

Saying Goodbye to Summer

True to my word I finished another UFO from the pile this week! Despite the chilly air in the mornings I will admit right now I will continue to make summer dresses all throughout winter but seeing as it is still quite mild, I am just about getting away with a thin cardigan and no tights still (hurrah!)






This one is another By Hand London pattern called Kim. Previous to getting this pattern I never would have thought with my narrow shoulders I would have been able to pull off a style such as this. I sew in bra strap stays to the inside shoulders but a very small adjustment really



I love the fit of By Hand patterns and they have made me realise why perhaps people will make the same pattern 40 times over just switching fabrics or skirt styles, find a good fit and it becomes an addiction!


The fabulous tropical bird fabric comes from Threads & Patches - my sister bought it a couple of years but they do have a lovely selection of fabrics if you are in the area


My black seashell necklace was a lucky Facebook find and it is deadstock from the 1950s


Since we have got back into selling vintage clothing and accessories, I would be lying if I said I hadn't been greedy. I currently have a quite a lot more new to me pieces in my stash, just take a look!


I think the spider brooch is my current new favourite after seeing one on Riverdale I knew I had to steal a few of their style ideas! Follow my inspiration board here to see other TV show fashion

Currently I am about to finish a skirt from an old favourite 40s sewing pattern, a skull print Anna dress with a circle skirt and looking for fabric for a cape! Also I hope to bring a pattern hack for Anna soon which I have started to make a toile for

Have a good week!





No comments:

Post a Comment