Saturday 22 October 2016

Lion Coat

A customer recently came to me to have a lion coat made for her Grandson. I instantly whizzed to check out the beautiful patterns by Twig + Tale formally Big Little Patterns)
I adore the coat and how it turned out. I wanted a patter that would make the coat look like a lion without looking like costume so these patterns are perfect!

The outside mustard colour fleece is a beautiful colour and so soft/smooth to touch, perfect for a lion 


I lined the coat with Alexander Henry Safari fabric from the lovely people at Fondant Fabrics


The coat sewed up like a dream and I used both my regular Janome machine and my Singer 185k to help get me through the very thick layers



The lovely rust colour mane wool was bought locally from a fabric shop. I am itching next time to use more re-claimed fabrics to make my next jacket 



There are so many other options for the coat and I can't wait to make a little rabbit one and a cape version too. 

If you would like to purchase the jacket, I have them on sale in my Etsy shop Vincent & Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment