Saturday 21 November 2015

Smocking

So this week I got my little fox playsuit cut out from the 1950s Butterick pattern and have been patiently waiting for other supplies to arrive to finish a couple more UFOs. Currently my house has been tipped upside down in order for an electrical re-wire to be completed, so there for not much sewing has been going on boooo!

I did finish the last of my Xmas orders which was lovely because now I can concentrate on my little one's outfits and get started on my ideas for smocking

I was lucky enough to find a few patterns in my stash, which meant I didn't need to buy any news ones and I have some thread to get me started as well


Actually from my shop but I love the 3 borders of smocking!


This the pattern I intend to get started with -



I plan to make the Peter Pan collar view though rather than the nautical collar

I was also lucky enough to pick these magazines up and they are full of inspiration 



and finally I found this one which is great because I really would like to make something for the boys as they are often over looked in favour of pretty girly things :)


I do plan to sneak a bit of my own sewing in around the work men if I can and will start my little fox romper/playsuit!





No comments:

Post a Comment